[[ recipeID=recipe-8lbr0qm17, title=Sweet Miso Basil Carrots ]]
Sweet Miso Basil Carrots
PLANT-BASED | GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE | SOY FREE | QUICK & EASY
This simple dish has won over many a vegetable critic! I make this every year during the holidays and I never seem to make enough.
Servings: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 pound Carrots
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1 tablespoon Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sweet White, Mellow White, or Chickpea (soy free option) miso paste
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Peel, cut off ends, and slice carrots into sticks, coins or julienned.
- Whisk all other ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure everything is well mixed, especially the miso paste.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil. Toss carrots in sauce and spread onto sheet pan in thin single layer.
- Cook for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through. If further cooking is needed, reduce oven to 375 degrees and continue cooking in 5 minute increments until done to your satisfaction.