Shiitake Mushroom Veggie Stir Fry
We love this Shiitake Mushroom Veggie Stir Fry because it’s a delicious way to incorporate the health benefits of shiitake mushrooms to your daily fare. Shiitake mushrooms are a great source of vitamins B and D and our Emperor’s Kitchen Shiitake Mushrooms are USDA Certified Organic
- Yield: Servings Servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 Tbsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1½ cups Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 Red or Green Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Ginger
- ¼ tsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Authentic Kuzu
- 1½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring constantly. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, snap peas, bean sprouts, and scallions to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve kuzu in soy sauce, then add the mixture to the pan.
- Pour in the vegetable broth; cook for about 2 minutes, until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Serve over rice.