[[ recipeID=recipe-9l62hmonb, title=Mashed Potatoes with Miso Gravy ]]
Mashed Potatoes with Miso Gravy
PLANT-BASED | GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE
Now here’s a twist on a a classic comfort dish that adds that special umami flavor thanks to our Miso Master Organic Brown Rice Miso that we think you and your family will just love!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- 3 medium Potatoes (gold potatoes or red potatoes are best)
- ½ cup Milk (substitute plant-based milk for vegan)
- ½ teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Kuzu
- 1 ½ tablespoons Brown Rice Miso (or Country Barley Miso, or Traditional Red Miso)
- ½ cup Filtered Water
- 1 ½ teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, then drain. Put through rice mill or mash with fork. Add milk and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dissolve kuzu in water until smooth, cream in miso and slowly add ½ cup filtered water, stirring until well mixed. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet and sauté onions until lightly browned. Add garlic and sauté 30 or more seconds. On medium heat, add the kuzu-miso mix and stir constantly until thickened.
- Pour over mashed potatoes and serve immediately.