Miso Lentil Soup
Miso Lentil Soup is a nourishing and delicious meal any time of year! This tasty recipe is one of our favorites and is seasoned with our American made, Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso.
Servings: 4 Bowls
- Prep Time: 0 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 0 mins
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Garlic
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 3 ¼ tablespoons Flour (whole wheat, millet, spelt, all purpose, etc)
- 8 ¼ cups Filtered Water
- 2 ¼ cups Brown Or Green Lentils
- 3 ¼ tablespoons Tamari
- 4 ¼ tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 ¼ cups Carrots (diced)
- 1 ¼ cups Celery (diced)
- ½ tablespoon Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup Country Barley Miso or Traditional Red Miso or Chickpea Miso (soy free)
- ⅓ cup Filtered Water (to dissolve miso)
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add flour, stir, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the miso and the 1/3 cup of water.
- Cook until lentils are tender.
- Dissolve miso with 1/3 cup of water, add to soup and serve.
For a creamier soup, blend thoroughly in a food processor.