Shiitake Mushroom Veggie Stir-Fry
We love this Shiitake Mushroom Veggie Stir Fry because it’s a delicious way to incorporate the health benefits of shiitake mushrooms to your daily fare. Shiitake mushrooms are a great source of vitamins B and D and our Emperor’s Kitchen Shiitake Mushrooms are USDA Certified Organic.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 ¼ tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 ½ cups Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Chopped Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 ¼ cups Carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 ½ cups Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 ½ cups Bean Sprouts
- 4 Scallions (white only, thinly sliced)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kuzu
- 1 ½ teaspoons Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Traditional Red Miso (dissolved in 1 1/2 cups warm water)
- 7 ounces Brown Rice Udon Noodles or Cooked Brown Rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring constantly. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, snap peas, bean sprouts, and scallions to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve kuzu in soy sauce, then add the mixture to the pan.
- Pour in the red miso broth, cook for about 2 minutes, until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Serve over noodles or rice.