Shiitake Mushroom Veggie Stir-Fry
PLANT-BASED | DAIRY FREE | QUICK & EASY
Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe that is not only delicious but also healthy? Look no further than sizzling stir fry shiitake mushrooms! This versatile dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend lunch and is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds.
Shiitake mushrooms are a great source of protein, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals, making them a healthy addition to any meal. In this recipe, we'll show you how to create a mouthwatering stir fry with shiitake mushrooms, mixed vegetables, and a blend of savory seasonings. So why settle for boring, unhealthy meals when you can whip up this flavorful and nutritious dish in no time? Let's get cooking and discover the magic of sizzling stir fry shiitake mushrooms!
Shiitake Health Benefits
Shiitake mushrooms are not only delicious but also packed with health benefits. They are a great source of protein, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, copper, and selenium. Shiitake mushrooms are also known for their immune-boosting properties, thanks to a compound called beta-glucan. This compound helps the body fight off infections and diseases by stimulating the immune system.
In addition to their immune-boosting properties, shiitake mushrooms also have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. A study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that shiitake mushrooms contain a compound called lentinan, which has been shown to have anti-tumor effects. Another study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that shiitake mushrooms can help reduce inflammation in the body, which is linked to a range of chronic diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 ¼ tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 ½ cups Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Chopped Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 ¼ cups Carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 ½ cups Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 ½ cups Bean Sprouts
- 4 Scallions (white only, thinly sliced)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kuzu
- 1 ½ teaspoons Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Traditional Red Miso (dissolved in 1 1/2 cups warm water)
- 7 ounces Brown Rice Udon Noodles or Cooked Brown Rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring constantly. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, snap peas, bean sprouts, and scallions to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve kuzu in soy sauce, then add the mixture to the pan.
- Pour in the red miso broth, cook for about 2 minutes, until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Serve over noodles or rice.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect stir fry shiitake mushrooms:
- Use a large skillet or wok to ensure that the vegetables cook evenly.
- Make sure to cut the vegetables into thin, even slices to ensure that they cook quickly and evenly.
- Don't overcrowd the pan. Cook the vegetables in batches if necessary to prevent them from steaming instead of sautéing.
- Use high heat to ensure that the vegetables get a nice char and don't become mushy.
- Don't overcook the vegetables. They should be slightly softened but still have a bit of crunch.
Serving Suggestions for Stir Fry Shiitake Mushrooms
Stir fry shiitake mushrooms are a versatile dish that can be served in a variety of ways. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Serve over rice or noodles for a complete meal.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds or chopped scallions for extra flavor and texture.
- Add some heat by serving with a side of sriracha or chili oil.
- Serve as a side dish with grilled chicken or fish.