Vegan Pumpkin & Chickpea Miso Soup
This dish is a hearty fall meal made with the power of Chickpea Miso and Pumpkin! We have adapted this recipe to be made in your instant pot or on the stove. Either way this is a quick, delicious meal packed with flavor and great nutrition. Serve with whole wheat Udon Noodles or Brown Rice Udon Noodles and complete the meal with some Vegan Tempeh Meatless Miso-balls for a complete meal.
Servings: 6 cup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 6 cups Vegetable or Tempeh Broth
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 5 tablespoons Chickpea Miso
- 29 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 15 ½ ounces Canned Chickpea or Garbanzo Beans
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Corn Kernals
- 1 ½ cups Fresh or Frozen Spinach
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 4 tablespoons Chili Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegan Sour Cream (optional)
Instant Pot Instructions
- Dissolve miso paste in 1 cup of warm water, whisking to combine.
- Add all ingredients to instant pot.
- Set valve to sealed and heat on high pressure for 5 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes when done. Serve with meatless meatballs and noodles!
- Add broth and miso paste to soup pot, bring to low boil, whisking to combine.
- Once miso paste is dissolved, add all other ingredients except corn and spinach. Simmer 15 minutes uncovered.
- Add corn and check spices, adjust and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer until wilted. Serve with bread, noodles, meatless meatballs or sour cream.
Soup is always better after sitting overnight in the refrigerator.